Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Upgrading .mp3 to MP3 class without popup upload

3 Posts   1234 Views

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

3 October 2009 at 3:56pm

Hi UncleCheese,

I have the FDOM working well using mp3 and the built in player on the frontend. If I upload the file in the Popup then it works perfectly however if I add mp3s to the page that have already been uploaded (I ftp'd them up) then the player doesn't get included for those file in the frontend.

I don't know exactly what mojo you're using to upgrade the File class to MP3 class but it appears to not work when the files aren't uploaded in the popup, I added an echo to the Player function but it didn't show up so I imagine that the function is'nt being called.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Howard

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

3 October 2009 at 9:08pm

Hey yea just had a bit of a poke around - the upgrade code is only in the handleswfupload function and so i just edited the database so that those files had the MP3 class and now everything works swimmingly :)

Not that I need it anymore but you might want to look at including it in the file import.

Thanks for everything :)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

4 October 2009 at 2:42am

Yeah, files need to be loaded through the upload feature to get upgraded. The implementation of SWFUpload in the popup makes it quite competitive with FTP, so I would stick to that.