Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Admin panel Files & Images tab 500 error

Go to End

12 Posts   3207 Views

lawless

Community Member, 33 Posts

21 November 2009 at 9:03am

"Often times it's just a memory error..."
UncleCheese, you nailed that one. I was able to get error reporting turned on and got the following:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 26214400 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /SERVER PATH/sapphire/thirdparty/jsmin/JSMin.php on line 79

So the next question is how do I fix this?

Platypus

Community Member, 43 Posts

21 November 2009 at 9:16am

Edited: 21/11/2009 9:32am

I had to deal with memory errors some days ago... check with how much memory you're server config is running. UncleCheese recommended to me 128MB, maybe you only have ~25MB in the config? Depending on what kind of server you are, there will be different ways to work around this issue. Look into this thread: http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/273134?start=8

And this website should be very helpful: http://www.ducea.com/2008/02/14/increase-php-memory-limit/

I had to put

ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');

in the header of "mysite/_config.php".

Good luck! :-)

Platypus

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

21 November 2009 at 9:32am

Yeah, it looks like he's around 28M or so. That's way too low. 128M should run fine.

lawless

Community Member, 33 Posts

21 November 2009 at 9:36am

Thanks Platypus.

The production site is on a shared host so I seem to remember the memory allocation being pretty small. I think I had to tweak the install script to force it to install since SS wants a minimum of 32MB of memory (or something like that).

I'll try the _config setup and see if that works.

Go to Top