Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

DataObjectManager : <% sprintf(....) %> displayed on the website

Go to End

48 Posts   13711 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

23 February 2010 at 9:49am

I cannot for the life of me figure that one out. I spent several hours on it before giving up. I'm hoping newer versions of Silverstripe will eventually fix the problem. :)

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

23 February 2010 at 10:34am

Thanks for letting me know... it seems to work locally anyway... I seem to be having problems getting it running on my remote server now.. but I think it was a file transfer issue (will know soon.)
It is worth noting that the Code over the button issue is resolved on my remote server (same exact install, different machine)
I next want to extend the album to be able to output a XML file for a flash slide show.. any chance you can point me in the right direction? (This will be my first real SS coding attempt) :)

UncleCheese

23 February 2010 at 11:28am

Well, my first question would be whether the Flash utility is SlideshowPro? If so, just download the SildeshowPro extension for ImageGallery and that should be all you need.

Otherwise, you need to create an image gallery subclass:

MyImageGalleryPage extends ImageGalleryPage

and assign a new album class:

protected $albumClass = "MyAlbum";

MyAlbum extends ImageGalleryAlbum..

DsX

23 February 2010 at 12:39pm

Thanks for the reply.
I have the gallery running properly on my live server (still have the button problem on my local server?)
I did run into a problem that might be worth you noting.. My first install on my server went wrong (unsure why), I removed the 3 modules (Dom, Swf, gallery) did, a dev/build and removed the gallery tables from the database (wasn't sure if the others still had tables) I retransfered the DOM, and Swf, did a build and then the gallery did a build, and then tested.. all seems to be well except that images would show. Eventually I manually created the asset/folders I needed for my images to have the correct folders needed for transfer.. This seems to fix the display problem.. and also kick started the system into creating the folders dynamically again. Why I don't know, but it may have been due to the CMS having references to the gallery pagetypes already when I reinstalled, not sure.
In any case their might be some additional checks to perform at some level to ensure that assets are writeable.

Thanks for the pointer on the XML feed. I looked at slideshowpro, but plan to go with another (although the XML is very similar), I think that I would like to work out creating my own subclasses and methods, but do think that I will check out the SSP module. Right now only a trunk build that is rather old is available http://silverstripe.org/slideshow-pro-module/ is this the module that you meant?

UncleCheese

23 February 2010 at 2:01pm

Edited: 23/02/2010 2:01pm

No, that's not the right link. I think it's only available through SVN:

svn co http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/slideshow_pro

If I were you, I would just copy the SlideshowProAlbum_xml template into your theme dir and change it as needed. All the tools you need are in that template.

DsX

23 February 2010 at 2:39pm

Edited: 23/02/2010 3:02pm

Thanks, got it.
I see it looks rather different than the old one.. I am thinking to test it with the SSP standalone trial.
There are no instructions, so hope you don't mind giving a once over.
Where do I put the SWF file? etc..

OK, from what I can gather this version doesn't work with the standalone version.. this is fine as I just wanted to use it for testing (although it was my backup if the other player doesn't end up working as planned).
I figure I should be able to go direct to the xmlfilepath url, but when I do I get the following error:

[Warning] file_get_contents(C:/vhost/vps/httpdocs/cms/slideshow_pro/javascript/slideshowpro_init.js) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
GET /cms/frontslide/xml

Line 472 in C:\vhost\vps\httpdocs\cms\sapphire\core\Requirements.php

Am I wrong in assuming that I can load the xmlfilepath url as listed on the top of the SWF tab?

DsX

23 February 2010 at 4:19pm

OK, I fixed that error. It seems that I had the module folder name as 'slideshowpro' and there is an internal requirement for it to be 'slideshow_pro'.
So that problem is solved.
I have been able to load the XML.
I have also created a new method in the SlideshowProPage.php file (a clone of xml()) and cloned the matching template, I now get my XML via this new method and template :)
I'm almost there... I am hoping that I can move these edits out of the module and into 'mysite'. Haven't got that working yet.

DsX

23 February 2010 at 5:18pm

OK, I have one last question.
Is it possible to remove the:

$f->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.SWF", new FileIFrameField('SWFFile','Upload a SlideshowPro SWF file'));

in my extenstion of the SlideshowProPage class?
and the requirements from the SlideshowProPage_Controller?
I ask because if I can minimize the requirements I should be able to get the extended page type to load, right now I only get an error.
Right now I have an example for how to extend to get XML for other XML fed gallery viewers, I will post it all once it is possibly useful to others.

Sorry if I am killing you with all this... I'm going through a major learning curve.. but I'm moving ahead.

Cheers