Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

404 On custom leftandmain extension

2 Posts   1124 Views

UndefinedOffset

Community Member, 27 Posts

10 November 2009 at 8:34am

I'm trying to use dataobjectmanager on a custom leftandmain extension so I can have like a global settings page. But when I try and add an item to the dataobjectmanager the dialog pops up and shows a file not found error. When I put some debug code in the method that generates the form for the popup that renders so I know its not a true 404 error. When I look at the url of the popup it shows http://localhost/silverstripe/admin/settings/regionManagment/field/Regions/add. Which looks correct to me other than that it has the /settings/ it's the same as the ones that I use on the content pages.

Anyone have any ideas or know of a fix for this problem?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

10 November 2009 at 9:00am

The proper format for the URL should be:

/admin/[ModelName]/[ParentObjectClass]/[ParentObjectID]/EditForm/field/[RelationName]/add

You're missing a few things there.

I usually just do Globals in ModelAdmin. You can enforce singularity with the canCreate() function and use javascript to just edit the only record. I also use static methods in the Globals class to get values, e.g. Globals::get('HomeImageID');