Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Albums shown in main page

17 Posts   1706 Views

davidm2010

12 November 2009 at 4:55am Community Member, 107 Posts

I selected fancy box, but have tried the others. When I go to the webpage, I get the thumbnails and a bullet next to them and they are all shown in a row. I have only one photo album, 5 photos. Everything else in the module seems to work just fine (I don't get the rotation icons when adding caption, but the next button works) except that there is no popup viewer.

Now, I did not add any popup viewer code. I didn't see that in the instructions and assumed it was included with the module.

UncleCheese

12 November 2009 at 9:13am 4085 Posts

Yeah, check Firebug for Javascript errors. If there's some kind of conflict, that will cause the popups to fail. Provide a link if you can.

UncleCheese

12 November 2009 at 9:14am 4085 Posts

Also, make sure the directory for ImageGallery is called "image_gallery" and not "image_gallery_r123" or whatever name silverstripe assigns to it.

davidm2010

12 November 2009 at 9:20am Community Member, 107 Posts

I your last suggestion hit the spot. Did I miss that instruction somewhere? Thanks a million.

UncleCheese

12 November 2009 at 10:11am 4085 Posts

It's an issue with all modules. I wish Silverstripe would change the way they name their ZIP files.

animasola

12 November 2009 at 6:43pm Community Member, 121 Posts

On another note, is there a way to change the core code to remedy my initial question? I want only 8 albums to be showed on the initial image gallery page, but my page already has 15 and it seems to just show all of them, making the page really long. Can anyone help? Thanks.

animasola

15 November 2009 at 6:40pm Community Member, 121 Posts

UP. Anyone?

UncleCheese

15 November 2009 at 7:42pm 4085 Posts

Album pagination isn't ready yet. It will be deployed some time next week.