Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Shop and error when editing catalog

Go to End

15 Posts   4865 Views

MCK

Community Member, 18 Posts

27 February 2015 at 4:27pm

Using a fresh install of Silverstripe Shop I can create Pages under the CMS, including categories, etc., but if I try and edit an entry in the Catalog I can get an Internal Server Error. Looking at the PHP log I find:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function FormName() on string in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/spcawebsite/myshop/framework/forms/FormField.php on line 167

Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

28 February 2015 at 1:09am

//basically, this:
"this is a string, not an object"->FormName()

MCK

28 February 2015 at 7:41am

Anything I can (easily) do about it?

thomas.paulson

Community Member, 107 Posts

28 February 2015 at 6:51pm

Hello MCK

Yes, i had the same issue, I did fresh install & when i navigated to catalog menu to create new product, error pop-up.

But after a while errors disappeared, i think forgot to flush the cache after the install ie url?flush=all

Try flushing your cache.

Thank you

Dorsai

Community Member, 12 Posts

6 March 2015 at 9:34am

Hi, I am also having this exact same problem. Have repeatedly flushed everything and the problem persists. Interestingly I can still get to a product item by going through the Pages tab rather than the Catalog tab.

Has anyone had any luck sorting this issue?

MCK

6 March 2015 at 10:26am

As the original poster of this topic I still have not managed to resolve this issue. I can export the Catalog as a CSV but cannot edit individual products without doing it under the Pages menu

Dorsai

Community Member, 12 Posts

6 March 2015 at 11:51am

After a series of wipes and re-installs, decided to install the recommended modules suggested by composer and although not all of those could install, with the ones that did the shop seems far more stable (so far). Also updated to the latest version of guzzle - this may have helped as well.

The modules recommended (not required but perhaps some of them should be) are:

symfony/event-dispatcher suggests installing symfony/dependency-injection ()
symfony/event-dispatcher suggests installing symfony/http-kernel ()
burnbright/silverstripe-shop suggests installing burnbright/silverstripe-shop-comparison (Allow comparing products side-by-side,and introduces a model for detailed specifications.)
burnbright/silverstripe-shop suggests installing burnbright/silverstripe-shop-coloredvariations (Select colours for variations)
burnbright/silverstripe-shop suggests installing burnbright/silverstripe-shop-shipping (Provide various shipping methods.)
burnbright/silverstripe-shop suggests installing burnbright/silverstripe-shop-geocoding (Geocoding support for addresses and visitors.)
burnbright/silverstripe-shop suggests installing burnbright/silverstripe-shop-discount (Create coupons and generic discounts to be applied at check out.)
burnbright/silverstripe-shop suggests installing burnbright/silverstripe-shop-googleanalytics (Records shop sales sales in google analytics.)
burnbright/silverstripe-shop suggests installing tractorcow/silverstripe-opengraph (Implementation of the Facebook Opengraph protocol for Silverstripe)
burnbright/silverstripe-shop suggests installing markguinn/silverstripe-shop-ajax (Basic ajax behaviours for add to cart, etc)

thomas.paulson

Community Member, 107 Posts

6 March 2015 at 4:07pm

Yes, Installing via composer is the best way to install them.
Also make sure you tmp is writable. So that cache is flushed. You can also create silverstripe-cache in project root, set write permission. ie ' chmod 777 -R . ' works on linux.

Go to Top