Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

[Solved] Product images

5 Posts   1112 Views

cumquat

12 December 2009 at 12:49am (Last edited: 17 December 2009 11:12am), Community Member, 198 Posts

Ok this is driving me a bit mental and it's possible I've been looking at it too long to see the answer anymore, and it seems so simple.

When a product is listed if the product image isn't the same dimensions as the display box it places a white surround to it. Ok sounds simple enough to sort just change the CSS.

Hmmm i have been all through the CSS and added my own but the images still get a white background.

When i use the same images in image_gallery they are displayed fine no surround unless i specify it so my question is where the hell is the eccomerce module getting the idea of putting a white surround on the images i can't see it in any of the CSS.

if your unsure what i mean heres the site http://gallery90.myriad-services.co.uk/online-store/

hope you can help put me out of my misery.

Mick

stooni

12 December 2009 at 5:02am Community Member, 89 Posts

Hello cumquat,

you have also checking the ProductGroup.css, i think you must change these parameters for another color!

.product_summary li.productItem

background:#f4f8f9;//default
border: 1px solid #c9e5f7;//default

----- Stooni

cumquat

12 December 2009 at 6:06am Community Member, 198 Posts

Cheers for the response,

i have been through all the style sheets, i'm not sure it's held there. I have set a background colour and you can see that when it loads but then the image just sits on top of it. I'm wondering whether it's a code thing to make the image up to a certain size and if it's not say 100px by 80px make it that size with a white background.

Does that make sense?

Like i said this has been driving me made for three days now.

Mick

phuell

14 December 2009 at 11:06pm Community Member, 3 Posts

i think this is a problem of the paddedResize as the (white) background is part of the image itself.

I have not tested it and it is entirely possible that I'm wrong but I think you have two options.

You can specify another background color in product.php on line 313 like

return $gd->paddedResize(140,100,000000);

You can change that line to do a resizeByWidth instead of a paddedResize

cumquat

14 December 2009 at 11:28pm Community Member, 198 Posts

You were right on the money.

I was sure it was gonna be something along those lines but not being much of a php guy couldn't find the code.

Many thanks for that.

Mick