Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Easy eCommerce from an ex SilverStripe dev

Go to End

CHD

Community Member, 219 Posts

15 December 2015 at 12:14pm

So some of you may remember me from my active days in the forums, I ran a small agency in London building SilverStripe sites (Mostly 2.4 but managed to see some 3.0 days too)

Since then I launched an eCommerce platform with my agency co-founders and have been wanting to get the views of the SilverStripe community for some time now, so here goes...

https://shoprocket.co/

We built a few eCommerce sites with the SilverStripe eCommerce module (which back then was limited to say the least) and eventually just gave up on existing solutions to build our own. What started out as a tool for us to use on our projects soon became a full time business. I won't go into too much details here about our history, so will keep it brief.

Out of the box, Shoprocket injects full eCommerce into any existing website. Simply copy & paste our JS into your footer and you're done. It bundles Stripe and or PayPal automatically, so all you need to do is link your accounts inside the Shoprocket dashboard, and upload your products. Our javascript shopping cart offers a "universal checkout" that is so simple we see on average basket conversion rates of around 70%.

Behind our line of javascript is an incredibly powerful REST API which has been in development for almost 5 years, this API will soon be fully documented and open to developers to build their own shopping carts and applications on top of. Of course, even with our sr.js method, as the elements are all injected directly into your DOM you have complete control over them and the styling. You can also just stick to our default style if you like, we have a demo on our homepage, as well as a few examples here: https://www.shoprocket.co/demo.html

We now have thousands of stores in all shapes and sizes from restaurants offering click & collect to Hedonism Wines who have 15,000 products on our platform.

We offer all of the eCommerce features you'd expect, stock control, shipping options & calculators, offers & discount codes, multi currency support etc with many more planned. It's completely free to setup & use, we simply charge a flat 2% on successful transactions.

Is this a shameless plug? Yes.
Would I have given my right arm to have had Shoprocket when I was trawling for help on this forum for the eCommerce module? Absolutely.

Feedback and thoughts highly welcomed, ultimately I hope this helps some of you the way it would have helped me.