Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Order Modifiers buggy?

Go to End

8 Posts   1789 Views

dbenton

Community Member, 23 Posts

25 February 2010 at 9:49pm

I am trying to get order modifiers working. I wrote a shipping modifier which worked intermittently, and now I cannot get any order modifiers to work.

Here is my entire test class:

class TestModifier extends OrderModifier {
	function LiveAmount() {
		return 1;	
	}
	function TableTitle() {
		return 'Test';
	}
}

And I've added the following to mysite/_config.php:

Order::set_modifiers(array('TestModifier'));

The result is a line item on the checkout page that says "Test" and has a total column value of $0.00 (and the order total is not increased by 1 either).

Surely I am overlooking something simple.

Thanks in advance,
David

kcd

Community Member, 54 Posts

25 February 2010 at 11:41pm

I found ?flush=1 and dev/build weren't enough to reset the cart so I closed my browser and that worked. Also when you do dev/build check your file is being picked up, mine wasn't when in the mysite directory.

dbenton

25 February 2010 at 11:54pm

Thanks kcd. I have been (not consistently, but occasionally) deleting my cookies, running /dev/build and flushing the cache, and still the same result.

What was your solution when the environment builder wasn't including your modifier? Did you just move it to a random folder with a _config.php?

dbenton

26 February 2010 at 12:04am

Ok, my modifier class is definitely being included. I see it when I run /dev/build and the line item shows up on the checkout page.

I just deleted cookies, restarted my browser (why not?) and ran /dev/build. Same result. I don't get it. If this modifier were run at all, it should add $1.00 to the total, correct? How can it be included on the checkout page, but not in the total cost?

The LiveValue method /is/ being called. For the fun of it, I just added

echo "Modify!";
to LiveAmount() and it was echoed three times on the checkout page, but the total was not updated.

Stumped,
David

kcd

26 February 2010 at 9:06am

Hmmmm, I got it working literally an hour after you first posted.

I had slightly more code but nothing I thought was critical. I included $is_chargable = false (discount), show in table, show in cart, a cart title... all of which inherit default values.

I also wrote my onbeforewrite (or whatever it is called) function to save $this=>Amount = $this =>LiveAmount() and another custom variable.

Unfortunately I don't have my code on me

dbenton

10 March 2010 at 11:37am

Thanks for your help, kcd. I've been out of town (left shortly after my first post), and while I was away the client decided to replace the ecommerce module with something a little more mature (but not integrated into SS). I think it was the right decision for this project, but I hope to work with the SS ecommerce module again in the future.

Best,
David

kcd

10 March 2010 at 7:54pm

Understandable, SS ecommerce has been 90% ready for a couple of years now. What did you run with?

dbenton

11 March 2010 at 4:04am

We are going to use Avactis (standalone, not hosted). I didn't chose it, but it looks promising. I start on that tomorrow, so we'll see...