I've installed Silverstripe on my local machine and on my web server - the installation is fine when using the Silverstripe v2.3.6 with ecommerce 0.54. I do however face a problem with the product names that are blank when added to 'my cart'. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
When I install SS v2.4.0 on my remote web server and I upload the ecommerce folder the whole site show a blank page. It is only when I remove the ecommerce folder that it comes 'online' again so to speak.
If anyone can give me a hint to what I must do to complete the installation of the ecommerce module I will be very grateful!
You can try checking out the trunk version from the code repository. IIRC, this should work better with newer versions.
Unfortunately this module isn't being actively developed at present. I'm hoping that there will be enough people interested to restart development. There are some things that I'd like to see improved, e.g.:
- Fix existing bugs, and update so that it works properly with Silverstripe 2.4
- Change it so that products are DataObjects instead of pages. This should make maintaining large numbers of products easier
- Add support for electronic download products via secure download
- Better logging of all actions
- More advanced reporting (e.g., sales statistics by customer, product, or product group)
- Linking to accounting (and/or ERP) packages such as XERO
Anyway, try the trunk version, and see how it goes.
is there any where that we can indicate our support for the development of this module?
I think that having this mod is a big draw for new users as many cms systems out there do not have one... I migrated from modX largely due to its lack of integrated ecommerce.
Maybe the best thing to do would be to create a new forum thread about support for continued development of the e-commerce module. That would create one place for people to show support, and give ideas on the direction that development should go in.