Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Working on e-commerce for SS 2.4

Go to End

121 Posts   27698 Views

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

3 September 2010 at 9:51am

@mattconfusion: good on you for trying out the latest code :) - in fact thats the code I'm currently working on ... only made that branch a few days ago haha. As long as you're prepared to face bleeding-edge issues, by all means go ahead and keep testing it. Please let me know of any issues, but make sure you update the code before reporting, in case it has actually been fixed. Also, some things are knowingly broken...see the ChangeLog file.

FYI: the db_cart branch work is intended for the eCommerce 1.0 release. I've got rid of all the session-based cart stuff and now carts are stored straight to the database.

We're planning to release v0.7 very soon as a proper stable release. That will come from a combination of the branches: trunk, burnbright & sunnysideup.

CHD

Community Member, 219 Posts

3 September 2010 at 9:55am

You're my hero Jedatech!
im working with the latest release you've posted...
http://www.zaharahair.co.uk/

it's working pretty well ;)

Jedateach

3 September 2010 at 10:24am

Good to hear CHD :) ...I'm sure you'll notify if you run into any problems.

CHD

3 September 2010 at 10:31am

well theres been quite few!
but most have already been documented in this forum somewhere...
the only ones i have now are the email receipts always say "payment failed" even when they go through fine and the website says success?

the other thing, is it seems if i dont add an image to the product, when i add to basket i get server error messages. (sorry i dont have them saved to send you!) i think it was because i had "copied" pages to save time...it didnt seem to like it!
adding an image to the copied products fixed the issue.

Jedateach

3 September 2010 at 10:40am

Edited: 03/09/2010 10:41am

Ok, you might want to add tickets to the issues section of the google code project
https://code.google.com/p/silverstripe-ecommerce/issues/list

Just make sure you mention what version of the code is being used, and instructions on how to reproduce the error(s).

We'll put more focus on resolving these specific issues when we do the proper stable release.

UPDATE: I see you've already posted some issues. Thanks!

mattconfusion

Community Member, 48 Posts

3 September 2010 at 10:46am

hi jedateach

but the cart stored in the db will be in the 0.7 release or just in the 1.0? it would be a great, great improvement.

At this point, mind if I ask you one thing I was trying to figure it out in another topic? It's about how Product_OrderItem or such classes work.

I use an extended product type which has some dataobjects linked to it, acting as attributes to the product. When i started i did prefer not to use variations because these data objects are related to each other in much more complex ways.
I extend also Product_orderItem class using my extended product class.
I put into the database table structure all the dataobjects id's and versions, and I was wondering how I can take the variables I stored in the session regarding the choices the customer made on this dataobjects and put them in the database, in the ProductExtended_OrderItem class?
And second question, how I can do the opposite, meaning how can I, retrieving the values from the database, show the correct product page with the correct choices? I've seen in the module you use url params, but a bit of explanation of how the whole thing works would really help

thanks for all your hard work!

CHD

4 September 2010 at 2:53am

hey guys, wondering if any of you can help with this...

i had my site up and running pretty well with eCommerce and paypal, but over the last 2 days ive made some amends/fixes here and there...and now on testing today ive realised my return from paypal has died!

i just get the blank white screen of death when i return from paypal after payment has been made.
this used to work, but i have NO idea what has happened to break it?!

ive been going through files trying to re-upload old versions but getting nowhere, thought it might be best if somebody with more no how could advise me exactly which files will have an impact on this page?

the only thing i can do to get past the white screen of death is to modify this part of the paypalPayments.php file:

function complete() {
		if(isset($_REQUEST['custom']) && $custom = $_REQUEST['custom']) {
			$params = explode('-', $custom);
			if(count($params) == 2) {
				if($payment = DataObject::get_by_id('PayPalPayment', $params[0])) {
					if($payment->AuthorisationCode == $params[1]) {
						if(isset($_REQUEST['payment_status']) && $_REQUEST['payment_status'] == 'Completed') {
							$payment->Status = 'Success';
							$payment->TxnRef = $_REQUEST['txn_id'];
						}
						else {
							$payment->Status = 'Failure';	
						}

$payment->write();
						$payment->redirectToOrder();
					}

but anything i do to that code just results in status being "payment failed" - even though it was a success.

please help!
im so gutted it was working and now its not! i should have just left it alone...

I've attached all files that i thought might be related!

CHD

4 September 2010 at 3:00am

i should also add that the "cancel" side of it works fine!
if you cancel the order once you reach paypal, it directs you back to the order ID page:

http://www.zaharahair.co.uk/account/order/1044

and says failure as it should.

Go to Top