Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Question: How is good Ecommerce Module 4 typography Services Online WebApp?

Go to End

4 Posts   1644 Views

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

9 June 2010 at 10:05pm

Edited: 10/06/2010 8:06am

Hi,

I've to do an ecommerce web app for a typography services company. This company want to sell online typography products like book, postcard, ecc.
I are undecided between normal ecommerce package like magento/prestashop or to use silverstripe/ecommerce module that is more controllable and expandable.
I appreciate whoever can help me or give some advice in choosing.

Thank you

biapar

11 June 2010 at 2:41am

?

TWoSH

Community Member, 13 Posts

17 June 2010 at 6:12pm

In my opinion, the e-commerce module for SS is great for small online shops, that have lets say less than 50 products. Since every product (except variations of it) are handled as pages it make the administration of a larger number of products a bit tiresome. We use the e-commerce module for smaller webbshops, and prestashop for bigger. Choose the tool according to your (customers) need.

And thumbs up for tha guys behind the e-commerce module - SS does really need it!

BR, Tim

biapar

24 June 2010 at 12:46am

I think that 50 product are enough for my customer. But , which is the stable config for ecommerce + 2.4?