Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Cart not showing on latest e-commerce module

Go to End

6 Posts   1921 Views

ramshackle

Community Member, 22 Posts

17 August 2010 at 8:41pm

Hello fellow SilverStripers,

I am currently trying to set up the ecommerce module on 2.4. I have downloaded the latest version over at http://silverstripe-ecommerce.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and have the latest version of the payment module (v0.3), have followed all the instructions but for some reason the cart is not showing up.

I didn't have this issue with earlier versions of the trunk, so can't think why this is happening now. I have tried 3 fresh installs, different themes, everything. On one install the cart showed up, but the example products were missing. For all my other multitudes of installs, the products show up, but the cart is missing!!!

Has anyone else had issues with this? I would appreciate any advice you could kindly give me, before I go bald from tearing all my hair out :S

cheers
ramshackle

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

18 August 2010 at 2:11pm

Have you checked the .ss template files contain the include
<% include ProductMenu %>

The product menu pulls in the cart. You could just have
<% include Cart %>
In your side bar area of you template. Not sure why its not showing in your current version, but fairly confident it'll work :)

ramshackle

Community Member, 22 Posts

19 August 2010 at 5:08pm

Hi Bambii7,

Thanks for that, but I have checked all the template files, all is fine - productgroup.ss has <% include ProductMenu %> , productmenu.ss has <% include Cart %> and Cart.ss looks fine - all these templates are in the download anyway.

Looks like it's not getting past the <% if Cart %> statement at the top of the Cart.ss file - any idea why this would happen? If I put text before that line it appears in the sidebar, but doesn't appear (along with the cart itself) if i put it in after that line.

However, if I remove the <% if Cart %> and <% end_if %> in the file it works, but I guess that is there for a reason? I'm not a php developer at all.

using:
ssv4.0
ecommerce latest trunk R192
Payment V 0.3 or trunk, same result
WAMP server
Blackcandy theme

Cheers

dfnetchii

Community Member, 10 Posts

3 September 2010 at 11:23am

I had the same result. Cart not displaying until I followed ramshackle's steps. wierd!

nicolant

Community Member, 6 Posts

17 October 2011 at 11:28am

Experiencing same issue. Any news on this? (although since your post almost a year passed)

When viewing template code with showtemplate=1 "<% if Cart %>" turns to "if($item->hasValue("Cart"))", which appears dealing with database fields... It's apparently goes beyond just e-commerce module...

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

17 October 2011 at 12:33pm