Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

How to Install Ecommerce - and what I did...

3 Posts   1490 Views

Sunnybex

Community Member, 39 Posts

22 July 2010 at 2:37am

"For a new onlineshop I only need the ecommmerce-module" so thought...
and had to make a few adjustments:

based on
silverstripe 2.4.1.rc1

I had to get

dataobject_manager-r403
ecommerce-v0.5.4
ecommerce_extendedproductvariations-r2193
ecommerceanypriceproduct-r2185
ecommercextras-r2191
ecommerce-trunk-r98047

(it is all downloadable in the extensions-section)

and changed in ecommerceextras\code\reports\salesreport.php and in ecommerceextras\code\reports\paymentreport.php
in both lines 6 from "SSReport" to "SS_Report"

and now it works... after two days work :-)

... in english... guess I have todo a bit on the lang-file (de_DE) myself.

Anyway, hope this helps (for todays versions)

br
bex

Sunnybex

Community Member, 39 Posts

22 July 2010 at 9:05pm

Edited: 22/07/2010 9:44pm

After I did not receive any erroro messages yesterday- today I discovered the product-page is somehow missing and evrytime I try to save a picture the page type switches to 'accountpage'. Weird.
I tried the code mentioned by bambii7 (http://silverstripe-ecommerce.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/code/products/Product.php) (copy-paste is a wonderfull invention)
and so far it seems fine...

33 mins later:
nope, did not work. I took out _extendedproductvariations and _anypriceproduct but still have the backswitch to AccountPage. bäh.

producing a new ProductPage saves at least the image, but after going to the stage site I got this : Fatal error: Call to undefined method ShoppingCart::get_item_by_id() in C:\Programme\wamp\www\silverstripe\ecommerce\code\products\Product.php on line 240

:-(

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

26 July 2010 at 9:22am

Hi Sunnybex.
I tried setting up my first ecommerce silverstripe site a few weeks ago and found out that it wasn't quite all there.
I haven't been using any of the other ecommerce extensions "ecommerce_extendedproductvariations" only the latest release of ecommerce from that googlecode link. And the most recent Payments module down loaded from the extensions. There were a few errors to fix but mostly looking good.
The other modules and ecommerce module are only compatible on ss 2.3 (I think don't quote me) but from what I can tell the google code ecommerce project is getting updated daily. I don't think its intended to be used on a live site just yet. But you should be able to set up the old ecommerce module on an older version of ss with the modules you needed.