Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

Editing "click to read more" link

7 Posts   1047 Views

ramshackle

Community Member, 22 Posts

6 July 2010 at 10:14pm

Edited: 08/07/2010 9:12pm

Hi there,

Simple question - I need to edit the "click to read more" link which appears directly after the product description cutoff on the products home page. Cant find this in any of the ecommerce / payment template files. It's the link to the full product description. I need to edit the text on the link.

Cheers

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

11 July 2010 at 10:44pm

Hi Ramshackle,
You should find it in ecommerce/templates/Includes/ProductGroupItem.ss
on the latest version its on line 10 you'll see something like <% _t("READMORECONTENT","read more") %>
this is just for multilingual sites, you can just replace that code with what ever you desire!

ramshackle

16 July 2010 at 9:27pm

Hi Bambii7,

That's where I thought initially but changing the text doesn't change the rendered page text - flushed cache etc.. weird, can't find reference to that text anywhere at all in any of the templates, frustrating but not a massive deal. Searched every template file for the word 'click' but no results & it still appears on the products page.. anywhere else it might be?

cheers

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

19 July 2010 at 12:43pm

Just to double check, did you also check the includes?

ramshackle

17 August 2010 at 7:53pm

Yep, checked those also. Its driving me mad. Should be easy but I can't find it!

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 232 Posts

23 August 2010 at 4:22pm

Hi guys, note that you'll need to replace the entire tag: <% _t("READMORECONTENT","read more") %>. The "read more" text inside the tag is only used when a translation isn't available, otherwise it uses the text from the active language (probably US). You'll find that text in ecommerce/lang/en_US.php
Jeremy

ramshackle

26 August 2010 at 9:24pm

Thanks alot Jedateach - it was the en_GB.php file

cracked open the bubbles!

And great work all round on the module, helping us mere mortals no end

cheers!