Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

eCommerce - General questions

Go to End

3 Posts   1680 Views

bones

Community Member, 110 Posts

17 April 2011 at 12:08am

After using SilverStripe for many many projects, I'm looking at a new one with eCommerce functionality. I would be grateful if someone could answer the following (hopefully simple) questions:

PayPal
Is there a way for credit card transactions to be handled by PayPal without taking the customer to PayPal's website (ie customer enters their credit card details and checks out while staying on the SS site throughout)? Would I need a PayPal Express / PayPal Pro account to enable this?

Payment Gateways
I know that these can be written, but it there a single repository of gateway modules that I can choose from?

Many thanks in advance.

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

18 April 2011 at 4:20pm

Hi,

If PayPal allows such a thing, a new payment type would need to be written. And yes, you'd probably need some kind of paypal account.

Here's the list you're after: http://code.google.com/p/silverstripe-ecommerce/wiki/Extensions
...which is still being updated FYI.

regards,
Jeremy

bones

Community Member, 110 Posts

22 April 2011 at 8:50pm

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, PayPal does allow credit card details to be entered on your website so that customers aren't taken directly to PayPal.com - I've used this on an OSCommerce website. You do need a PayPal Pro account though.