Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

ecommerce 0.81 GST and shipping

Go to End

MCK

Community Member, 18 Posts

28 April 2011 at 11:35am

Using Silverstripe 2.4.5

I am having trouble getting GST and/or shipping to reliably work. I have tried several times on a pristine site and I cannot get it to reliably work. Some of it could be due to errors in the config settings supplied with ecommerce, e.g.:

SimpleShippingModifier::::set_charges_for_countries(array('US' => 10,'NZ' => 5));
TaxModifier::::set_for_country($country = "NZ", $rate = 0.15, $name = "GST", $inclexcl = "inclusive"))

should be? :

SimpleShippingModifier::set_charges_for_countries(array('US' => 10,'NZ' => 5));
TaxModifier::set_for_country($country = "NZ", $rate = 0.15, $name = "GST", $inclexcl = "inclusive");

But even with these changes I do not get the GST or shipping charges showing up on my shopping cart when I go to the checkout. (I am just using the default products.)

Do I need to clear the shopping cart before seeing these changes (I remove items from the shopping cart and re-add but this doesn’t work)? If so, how?

I am logging in to the shopping cart using the CMS details. Do I need to setup a different account?

Thanks,
Graeme McKinstry