Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

order notify via email

4 Posts   778 Views

t00thy

Community Member, 31 Posts

1 June 2011 at 12:09am

Hi,

have anybody know how to creat the notification via e-mail for new orders? Simply it could be the copy of email that has sent to customers. Where can I edit the code?

inCharge

Community Member, 102 Posts

1 June 2011 at 3:27am

The code is already there in order.php. See Order::sendReceipt and Order::sendEmail

See the .ss files in the directory ecommerce/templates/email

I haven't got this far yet, but I guess you copy those to...

themes/mytheme_ecommerce/templates/email

...and amend as necessary.

Note that any css must be inline, because these are html email templates, not html web pages.

t00thy

Community Member, 31 Posts

1 June 2011 at 9:27pm

Thanks so much. I found function $copyToAdmin = true, but the copy did not work for me... so I check the _config file and TaDaa... there was wrong email.

Thank you.

inCharge

Community Member, 102 Posts

2 June 2011 at 1:42am

Edited: 02/06/2011 1:44am

Toothy, now it's my turn to thank you! I didn't know about copyToAdmin or Email::setAdminEmail, but emails to the store owner were next up on my list.

Email::setAdminEmail should probably be in most _config.php files, ecommerce or not.

This is what I have in _config.php now...

// Default email sender address for the Email class
// Also receives a copy of ecommerce receipt emails
Email::setAdminEmail('support@mysite.com');

// Sender & subject for ecommerce receipt emails
Order::set_email("Name <sales@mysite.com>");
Order::set_subject("thank you for your order at www.mysite.com");

Note:
- If Email::setAdminEmail is not defined, no receipt is sent to the shop owner - just the customer

- If Email::setAdminEmail is defined, but not Order::set_email, then setAdminEmail is also the sender of receipts. If neither are defined, the sender of receipts is empty.

- Order::set_email can include a name
e.g. 'MySite Sales <sales@mysite.com>'
...but Email::setAdminEmail must include just the email address without a name
e.g. 'sales@mysite.com'
...otherwise the receipt emails don't arrive.

- The Debug::friendlyError function code implies that Email::setAdminEmail is also shown in error pages when no corresponding error page is set up in the CMS (although I didn't test this)