Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

LATEST VERSION - please test 0.8.2-rc1 !

Go to End

2 Posts   1463 Views

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

1 June 2011 at 11:05am

Edited: 14/06/2011 10:44am

Here is the first release candidate for eCommerce version 0.8.2

Download: http://code.google.com/p/silverstripe-ecommerce/downloads/detail?name=ecommerce-0.8.2-rc1.zip
SVN tag: http://silverstripe-ecommerce.googlecode.com/svn/tags/rc/0.8.2-rc1

In this version we have:

• - created the ability for orders to be placed without logging in. This means that orders now finish at mysite/checkout/finish/{id} rater than mysiate/account/order/{id}. This is an optional feature, which can be enabled via _config settings. (more here)
  • - started developer and user documentation - see ecommerce/docs folder. You need sapphiredocs module to be able to view this. Or visit: http://ecommerce-demo.burnbright.co.nz/docs . If there's anything specific you'd like to see in these docs, let me know.
  • - started writing unit tests for the code.
  • - introduced mysite/dev/ecommerce - a place that lists ecommerce specific developer tasks
  • - view this changelog for more details on what has changed / is changing.

Providing feedback
If you find bugs / faults in this candidate, then please reply on this thread. Feature requests and general support should be posted elsewhere.

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 112 Posts

14 June 2011 at 1:12pm

Edited: 14/06/2011 1:14pm

Jeremy,

Couple questions...well, one actually.

Which do we need to copy to our _config.php file? Both the Readme and the module _config file have the notes to copy everything between the

//-----------------------------------START ECOMMERCE MODULE CONFIG -------------------------------------

//------------------------------------END ECOMMERCE MODULE CONFIG ---------------------------------------

but with this release they are different in the actual configurations/naming/etc. Should we actually be using the code from the Readme file? I get errors similar to this : Fatal error: Call to undefined method ShoppingCart::set_fixed_country_code() and the line from the config file is: ShoppingCart::set_fixed_country_code("US"); //always use the same country code

I am sure one is more up to date than the other...just wondering which one to use for my mysite config.

-Terry