Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Ecommerce error: must call the runUpdate method everytime you get the details for this modifier

Go to End

3 Posts   1833 Views

Anatol

126 Posts

12 August 2011 at 2:09pm

Edited: 12/08/2011 2:13pm

Hi forum,

I installed the latest ecommerce module (together with the ecommerce_product_variation, payment modules and the featured products widget). My current versions are

ecommerce: r1284
ecommerce_product_variation : r1409
payment: build date 21 July 2011 ( http://silverstripe.org/assets/modules/master/silverstripe-payment-master-HEAD.tar.gz )

I had an earlier version of the ecommerce module installed on my development site before and it worked well (before the product variations became a separate module). Now I always have a problem with the checkout page:

[User Error] While the order can be edited, you must call the runUpdate method everytime you get the details for this modifier

I just can't find the problem. When I add a product to the cart it is nicely displayed in the cart sidebar, but I did notice that the "Cart" page is empty (no products appear).

The only modifier I have enabled at the moment is the SimpleShippingModifier, but removing that doesn't change anything. I also tried to completely remove all ecommerce related pages from the CMS and I removed all ecommerce, payment, etc. database tables for a "fresh" install but to no avail.

Anyway, if anyone has any hint I would be very grateful. Here is the complete trace:

--------
Line 241 in /path/to/ecommerce/code/model/OrderModifier.php

Source

232 // ######################################## *** template functions (e.g. ShowInTable, TableTitle, etc...)
234 /**
235 * tells you whether the modifier shows up on the checkout / cart form.
236 * this is also the place where we check if the modifier has been updated.
237 *@return Boolean
238 **/
239 public function ShowInTable() {
240 if(!$this->baseInitCalled && $this->canBeUpdated()) {
241 user_error("While the order can be edited, you must call the runUpdate method everytime you get the details for this modifier", E_USER_ERROR);
242 }
243 return false;
244 }
246 /**
247 * some modifiers can be hidden after an ajax update (e.g. if someone enters a discount coupon and it does not exist).

Trace

• While the order can be edited, you must call the runUpdate method everytime you get the details for this modifier
    Line 241 of OrderModifier.php

• OrderModifier->ShowInTable()
    Line 369 of ViewableData.php

• ViewableData->obj(ShowInTable,,,1,)
    Line 411 of ViewableData.php

• ViewableData->cachedCall(ShowInTable,)
    Line 424 of ViewableData.php

• ViewableData->hasValue(ShowInTable,,1)
    Line 3559 of DataObject.php

• DataObject->hasValue(ShowInTable)
    Line 254 of .cache.themes.mytheme_ecommerce.templates.Layout.CheckoutPage.ss

• include(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-myuser-mysite-html/.cache.themes.mytheme_ecommerce.templates.Layout.CheckoutPage.ss)
    Line 420 of SSViewer.php

• SSViewer->process(CheckoutPage_Controller,Zend_Cache_Frontend_Output)
    Line 411 of SSViewer.php

• SSViewer->process(CheckoutPage_Controller)
    Line 202 of Controller.php

• Controller->handleAction(SS_HTTPRequest)
    Line 143 of RequestHandler.php

• RequestHandler->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest)
    Line 147 of Controller.php

• Controller->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest)
    Line 199 of ContentController.php

• ContentController->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest)
    Line 184 of ContentController.php

• ContentController->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest)
    Line 67 of ModelAsController.php

• ModelAsController->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest)
    Line 282 of Director.php

• Director::handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest,Session)
    Line 125 of Director.php

• Director::direct(/shop/checkout/)
    Line 127 of main.php

------------

Thank you!
Anatol

Anatol

126 Posts

12 August 2011 at 2:18pm

Edited: 12/08/2011 2:19pm

Just to add that, I tested to remove the red line above from /ecommerce/code/model/OrderModifier.php and all looks OK, but I'm wondering if this will not create any other problems... I just don't really know what this line does or what runUpdate() really does.

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

15 August 2011 at 12:20pm

Hi Anatol,

I'm assuming you're making use of trunk code, and I'm also going to recommend using the branches/0.8 branch...or 0.8.x tags.

That runUpdate function was introduced when changing the way the modifiers are introduced for an order. I believe the function should be run every time the order total needs to be re-caclulated.

The modifiers system needs some serious review to be honest, and I have plans to do so.

regards,
Jeremy