Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

Adding Additional Images

3 Posts   686 Views

jbundy

16 September 2011 at 7:14am (Last edited: 16 September 2011 7:16am), Community Member, 8 Posts

I've read all throughout this forum and see that people have touched on this topic quite a bit, but there are no definitive answers. Either the posts raise the question and go unanswered or it's years old.

I am looking to add the option to include multiple images to the e-commerce module. I have tied many posted solutions but nothing seems to work. I am currently running e-eCommerce module 8.2-rc1 and the payment module 0.3 and have dataobject_manager installed.

[url=http://www.silverstripe.org/e-commerce-module-forum/show/13641] This post[/url] seems to get me close, but it still does not seem to work.

I'm getting various error messages when I add this block of code to my ecommerce/code/products/Product.php. I assume I am adding it in the wrong spot.

$MyImageManager= new DataObjectManager(
$this,
'Images',
'Product_Image'
);
$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Images", $MyImageManager);

I'm not sure if this is the right direction or if I'm barking up the wrong tree. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

-- John

jbundy

17 September 2011 at 7:54am Community Member, 8 Posts

Isn't there anyone willing to help, or does this just go down as another unanswered posts?

Nicolaas

7 November 2011 at 12:15am Forum Moderator, 213 Posts

Hey

Sorry for the slow reply.

You can extend the produt Page and add more images OR you can decorate it. I have done both and that works great.

If you need more help with this then I can provide some examples.

Cheers

Nicolaas