Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

E-Commerce claims older support for 2.3 but requires Payment module which doesn't work for 2.3

Go to End

2 Posts   1155 Views

bostonmark

Community Member, 10 Posts

25 September 2011 at 3:35am

Hi all,

I'm running a site on SilverStripe 2.3.11 and would like to use the E-Commerce module. The module has an older release that would satisfy my version requirement:

Version: [v0.6.1]
Date: 2009-06-18
Compatible with: SilverStripe 2.3
Download: ecommerce-0.6-beta2.tar.gz

I tried to install this but got an error about Payment not existing. The E-Commerce module claims it requires the Payment module as well. Fine by me, so I tried to find a release of the Payment module that works on SilverStripe 2.3.11 but no releases listed show that kind of support. My ultimate question is, how can the E-Commerce module work for 2.3 if there's no Payment module that works with 2.3? Am I missing something?

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

25 September 2011 at 9:05am

You can try installing it anyways. If anything's wrong with it you could just get your hands dirty and fix it yourself, if you're programatically inclined.