Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

2 quick questions

Go to End

15 Posts   3374 Views

venofiona

Community Member, 4 Posts

8 November 2011 at 3:23pm

First off im pretty new to this CMS so im still getting the hang of it.

First question: when i go to checkout it says "You do not have any order corresponding to that ID, so you can't checkout this order." I was just wondering what caused this. Im thinking its from the order not being paid since im using the cheque method.

2nd question: Since i live in the US the flat tax idea doesnt really work, so is there a way to say if you live in a certain state then tax is added. If you dont then no tax.

Thanks for any help :)

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

9 November 2011 at 7:13pm

what version are you using?

Nicolaas

venofiona

Community Member, 4 Posts

10 November 2011 at 9:09am

0.8.2 ecommerce module
2.4.5 silverstripe

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

25 November 2011 at 7:33pm

Hi

I am not sure if you have solved your problem...

For the latter one you metion (tax), you may want to have a look here:

https://silverstripe-ecommerce.googlecode.com/svn/modules/ecommerce_tax/trunk (i can email you a download link as well)

I have just upgraded the tax module, if you change the countries to states in e-commerce then it might work for you.

With regards to your first question, I am not really sure how to help... I would need more information.

Nicolaas

SnowBoarder82

Community Member, 57 Posts

8 June 2012 at 10:07am

Hi Nicolaas,

I’m working on creating the same result. Using a tax modifier for a US client which applies a tax rate depending on which US State the order is being sent to (Shipping address).

It’s relatively simple in the way that if the order is going to Colorado then there is a 3.9% tax rate applied to the order. Any other State results in the order being tax free.

I have changed the State field on checkout into a dropdown, and as suggested above created a new tax modifier (attached - extension changed from php to htm - allowed file type) based on the normal TaxModifier.php replacing country for state where I can. Where I’ve run into trouble is the LiveCountry / LiveState function around line 85 as obviously the same functions to retrieve the country do not exist for the State.

Any clues on the best way to achieve the desired result?

Thank you,

SnowBoarder82

8 June 2012 at 10:08am

PS - Using the Shop Module

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

8 June 2012 at 12:28pm

What version of shop module are you using?

Shop 0.8.5 has overhauled the modifiers system slightly.

This shipping modifier actually adds a form to the cart table, with the ability to set a region: https://github.com/burnbright/silverstripe-shop-shipping-fastwaynz/blob/master/code/FastwayNZShippingModifier.php

I'm still a little skeptical about the shipping / tax / modifiers system. I'll definitely be making further changes in future.

Jeremy

SnowBoarder82

8 June 2012 at 12:51pm

Thanks for the response Jedateach,

I'm currently using version 0.8.3. Would I need to firstly update to 0.8.5 before using your FaswayNZShippingModifier as a base to create the State shipping modifier?

Looking to make the update on a few sites anyway with included order number fix as previously discussed.

Go to Top