Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

Getting eCommerce error in Products Menu

Signals

Community Member, 4 Posts

18 February 2012 at 9:20pm

Edited: 19/02/2012 11:19am

When I installed svn-v0.8.1 and payment-v0.3.0, everything looks reasonably fine in the back end except the Products tab. When I click on that, the nav menu disappears, I get a blue background and the following error codes in the background:
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 233

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 236

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 239

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 242

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 245

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 248

Everything there seems to work okay, but the menu is gone and this error code is annoying. I am a novice with this and not a PHP guy. Any simple suggestions?

I have located this file, though my shared hosting FTP File Manager doesn't show line numbers.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at the file with line numbers and the section it refers to is:

//work around until I can figure out how to allow calling processVariation multiple times
   function processVariation1(&$obj, $val, $record){
      $this->processVariation(&$obj, $val, $record);
   }
   function processVariation2(&$obj, $val, $record){
   }
   function processVariation3(&$obj, $val, $record){
   }
   function processVariation4(&$obj, $val, $record){
   }
   function processVariation5(&$obj, $val, $record){
   }
   function processVariation6(&$obj, $val, $record){

In each case, the line that has the error refers to the line that says: $this->processVariation(&$obj, $val, $record);

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Matthew