I would like to announce that the 0.8 branch of the ecommerce module has now become it's own fork, now called 'SilverStripe Shop'.
The shop module is hosted on GitHub, which should make contributions and customizations much easier. Feel free to fork the module, and submit pull requests.
The module also has a dedicated website: [url]http://ss-shop.org[/url], which is the best starting point for downloads, documentation, support, demo site, etc.
The ecommerce module will continue to be maintained by Nicolaas Francken. Most aspects of development will now be separate, however we will continue to share the mailing list and forums for problems and discussion.
I have created a new release - version 0.8.3, which includes the following changes:
* Renamed module to 'shop', and changed all 'ecommerce' directory references to 'shop', in line with new name for the module.
* Added in CalculatedTotal to OrderAttribute for the purpose of permanantly storing old values, and helping with order read speed.
* Made VariaionForm the default way to add product variations.
* Allowed checkout page to not require a page model.
* Updated documentation to include packages, and sub packages for phpdoc
* Ability to add product attribute values from product edit page, rather than model admin.
* Removed OrderFormWithoutShippingAddress, and OrderFormWithShippingAddress
For this release I have also created a complete installer, by forking the SilverStripe installer. It bundles together sapphire, cms, shop, payment, payment_paypal, and the blackcandy theme. This should make life a bit easier for people who don't want to use version control, or try to put all the pieces together individually.
There is still plenty of work to make this a super awesome module, so any help is appreciated! Thanks for supporting the shop module :)