Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Can't Order Product (ecommerce 1)

Go to End

3 Posts   1358 Views

Priddo

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 October 2012 at 1:49pm

I've installed and been trying to set up ecommerce, but I'm having a few issues (1 main problem)

1. Even when I tick the 'allow to be purchased' checkbox and save, the product page tells me that you can not order it and to please contact us for more info.

2. I'm getting a lot of unparsed code in the CMS, I notice they all seem to be a a sprintf() call inside <%%> tags. I'm not sure if this is ecom, but I didn't notice until I installed it and payment 0.3

3. On the front end some tags are broken, like the img tag for a product in a product group listing. I may well be able to fix these with the template changes I plan though, but it still seems odd to me.

Also are there any really good tutorials (video or text) for this module? It's quite a big module.

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

8 October 2012 at 3:43pm

What fork/version are you using? (where did you go to download it)

Priddo

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 October 2012 at 5:31pm

I got it from the silverstripe modules page, not from a fork on git.

Thankfully I have now just found that for some reason it had two settings in the back end, and had set the one with shop closed as default for some reason.

I earlier foudn the reason for the broken tags and sprintf print outs, as being a SS2.4 issue when run on XAMPP. I switch the eregs to pregs, and fixed those too :)