Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

getting URL parameters

2 Posts   3526 Views

wildflower1975

Community Member, 59 Posts

3 January 2013 at 9:06pm

Edited: 03/01/2013 9:31pm

I've got the eWay payment gateway returing to my site on the URL http://silverstripe/ewayctl/success/00073?debug_request=1

I'm trying to get the $ID value of 00073 so I can edit that record on the Database, but it looks like the values are NULL by the time it gets to my controller

Debug (line 155 of RequestHandler.php): Testing '$Action//$ID/$OtherID' with '' on eWay_Controller
Debug (line 163 of RequestHandler.php): Rule '$Action//$ID/$OtherID' matched to action 'handleAction' on eWay_Controller. Latest request params: array ( 'Action' => NULL, 'ID' => NULL, 'OtherID' => NULL, )

I'm trying to do this in the class eWay_Controller extends Controller - (I'm guessing the $this is wrong)

if($id = $this->param('ID')){
         $p = DataObject::get_one('eWay',"\"ID\" = '$id'");
         $this->payment = $p;
         return $p;
      }

this is on SS 3.0.3

this is my routes.yml

---
Name: paymentroutes
After: framework/routes#coreroutes
---
Director:
rules:
'ewayctl/$Action/$ID/$OtherID' : 'eWay_Controller'

Update

I can do it using

Director::urlParam('ID')

in the controller but I get a deprecation notice:

Director::urlParam is deprecated. Use SS_HTTPRequest->param() instead.

I'm not sure what the SS_HTTPRequest object/variable name is from within the Controller to call it properly

thanks

wildflower1975

Community Member, 59 Posts

4 January 2013 at 7:34pm

this is what i needed

[url]http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/18118[/url]

just gotta ask Google the right question to find the right answer "Director::urlParam is deprecated"