Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Can SS + E-commerce handle LinkPoint?

Go to End

3 Posts   2250 Views

tjonnyc

Community Member, 2 Posts

30 January 2009 at 12:18pm

I would like to "clone" my existing website to SilverStripe, but before I invest the time, I'd like to know if the end result can be accomplished.

We currently accept: PayPal, Google Checkout, and credit cards via LinkPoint Connect.

PayPal and Google Checkout aren't a problem - I can set those up in a few minutes.

However, I've already rejected over a dozen cart solutions due to their complete incompatibility with LinkPoint.

I'd love to know if SS (with the E-commerce module) can be "connected" to the LinkPoint Connect gateway?

Any clues?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 January 2009 at 4:44pm

from reading their site where they have phrases like "Easy integration with almost any commerce system, order management or accounting software", "Compatibility with multiple programming languages".. it sounds like it would certainly be possible. I doubt it has been done before so you have to create this functionality from scratch.

tjonnyc

Community Member, 2 Posts

31 January 2009 at 3:38am

LOL, they certainly do make a lot of promises on their site.

Unfortunately, LinkPoint (renamed to FirstData on October 2008) has the worst technical support I've ever come across from a CC gateway, as well as ZERO integration documentation. Manuals are bloody useless, and the typical hold time for support is 12-15 minutes. Not exactly the most development-friendly environment.

I've located a JavaScript "mini-shopping-cart" that specifically integrates with LinkPoint (http://www.nopdesign.com/freecart/ - in case anyone is stuck in a similar dilemma), but that's a single-item-checkout solution. I need to be able to sell 1-5 items per order.

Well, here's hoping that someone comes across with a ray of hope regarding SilverStripe + LinkPoint. Looks like an awesome system, but if I can't get it to work with our credit card processor, I can't use it :(