Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

timeline for next release?

4 Posts   1172 Views

msouden

11 March 2009 at 6:23am 6 Posts

Hi All - i'd like to do my next site with SS 2.3 but there's an ecommerce component to it - I'm looking at a 4-week deadline. Is there a estimated delivery of the stability of the next release for this module? How many people are working on it actively at the moment?

runnerman

24 March 2009 at 12:46pm Community Member, 24 Posts

Hi,
I would also be interested in hearing when the next stable release of ecommerce is expected, as I need the use of the reports section.

TotalNet

27 March 2009 at 11:57am (Last edited: 27 March 2009 12:55pm), Community Member, 181 Posts

I've just installed the latest trunk build on my development server to see how things are going.

There are a few bugs and the order management usability is pretty bad, I think we're a way off from a stable release, sadly.

I don't have access to the dev area for this module but i'd like to help any way I can, even if that's just testing. Is anyone actively working on this module at the moment?

I will have a go at patching it up best I can by removing the bits that don't work well, I really don't want to install a complete shopping cart application so this module is the best bet really.

Cheers

Rich

Jedateach

27 March 2009 at 2:45pm Forum Moderator, 227 Posts

A google group was set up for the purpose of ecommerce dev. I don't think SilverStripe is actively working on the module, so it remains up to the community to keep it moving.
http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-ecommerce