Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

Removing Cheque Payment Method *solved

2 Posts   1528 Views

sypher

Community Member, 1 Post

24 March 2009 at 3:21pm

Edited: 24/03/2009 4:03pm

Hi, i have been working on an install of the e-commerce module, i dont require any payment options so is it possible to remove the cheque option that the module defaults to if no other methods are specified?

i have tried adding a blank array to the config file and this hides the cheque option from the checkout page but throws an error when completing an order (Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in .\sapphire\core\Object.php on line 99)

i pretty much just want the module to operate as it would with the cheque option, but not actually show it to the end user.

in the mean time i have simply hidden the payment method option with css

currently looking for a way to hide the method - cheque row in the order successful template

any ideas would be appreciated.

**Solved

Updated the following line in Payment.php:
   protected static $supported_methods = array('ChequePayment' => 'Cheque');
to
   protected static $supported_methods = array('ChequePayment' => 'Account'); //Changes payment method to Account in Checkout and Emails

Added the following style to CheckoutPage.css:
#RightOrder { display: none; } //Hides Payment Method Div

Kalileo

Community Member, 127 Posts

15 April 2009 at 1:49am

Edited: 15/04/2009 1:51am

@sypher, you might want to prefer to set that value in mysite/_config.php instead of patching ecommerce/Payment.php

You can achieve the same effect as with your patch

protected static $supported_methods = array('ChequePayment' => 'Account');

simply by adding this to your mysite/_config.php :

Payment::set_supported_methods(array('ChequePayment' => 'Account'));

That way you can safely update ecommerce without having to re-apply your patch.