Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

Add a field to OrderForm

4 Posts   1332 Views

meff

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 April 2009 at 1:35am

Hi out there!

I installed the ecommerce-module. Everything is working fine except one thing:
I have to calculate Shipping-Costs by Distance. I use the german PLZ for this calculation which is similar to an american ZIP-Code. Calculating the Distance and the Shipping-Costs is no problem, but i don't know how to add a new Field called 'PLZ' to the Orderform...
Of course there is the $shippingFields-Array, but this is only used if "use different shipping address" is activated...

I tried to solve this by extending member with the DataObjectDecorator. I see the new Field 'PLZ' in the database, but I just don't get it to show a new field in the Checkoutpage...
updateCMSFields didn't wok the way I wanted it to... I created a new Field in the CMS but not in the Checkoutpage.

Anyone out there who can help me?

TotalNet

Community Member, 181 Posts

4 April 2009 at 6:50pm

I need to add postcode to the order form as well (also region/state) and can't figure out how to do it either, I'm planning on a workaround that uses the payment method to request the extra fields - not sure if that helps you with shipping calculations though!

If anyone has done this I'd love to learn how too.

Cheers,

Rich

meff

Community Member, 2 Posts

8 April 2009 at 2:48am

ok, I solved the problem by adding the PLZ-Field via DataObjectDecorator.
A documentation can be found here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=dataobjectdecorator
In my case there already was an existing DataObjectDecorator called EcommerceRole which extends the Member-Class by the fields used for ecommerce.

But now there's another problem: How can I calculate the total weight of an order? I tried it this way, but it doesn't seem to work...

//Get the order's Weight
      $order = $this->Order();

$orderItems = $order->Items();

// Calculate the total weight of the order
      $totalWeight = NULL;

if($orderItems) {
         foreach($orderItems as $orderItem) {
            $totalWeight = $totalWeight + $orderItem->Weight * $orderItem->quantity;
         }

}

Any ideas?

neonfrog

Community Member, 10 Posts

8 July 2009 at 2:44pm

Hi Meff,

Did you ever get this sorted?