Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Multi-site e-commerce?

Go to End

3 Posts   2791 Views

Rawbit

Community Member, 52 Posts

22 April 2009 at 1:19am

Edited: 22/04/2009 6:42am

I have about 5 domains, for example one main one: www.sports.tld, and 4 other minor ones: www.hockey.tld, www.soccer.tld, www.rugby.tld, www.baseball.tld (just an example)

www.sports.tld will essentially contain some if not all products for each of the other categories. Each of the remaing sites will showcase relevant products.

Currently I am successfully able to use subsites module to achieve this with the e-commerce module. However there are two key problems I'd like some feedback on:

1.) How can I force all of the final checkout/payment to a single domain (https://www.sports.tld). This will help because I won't need to purchase and manage 5 ssl certificates.

2.) Is it possible to share the products between the websites? This way, If I have for example, a product 'Water bottle', and I need to update the picture and price - I won't need to update the image in 5 different places.

Any advice appreciated!

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

15 June 2011 at 12:42pm

hi, would be interested to see how you got on with these questions...

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

6 November 2011 at 11:57pm

Hi

I cant really give you any useful answers, but let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Nicolaas