Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba, simon_w

Multi-site e-commerce?

3 Posts   2205 Views

Rawbit

Community Member, 52 Posts

22 April 2009 at 1:19am

Edited: 22/04/2009 6:42am

I have about 5 domains, for example one main one: www.sports.tld, and 4 other minor ones: www.hockey.tld, www.soccer.tld, www.rugby.tld, www.baseball.tld (just an example)

www.sports.tld will essentially contain some if not all products for each of the other categories. Each of the remaing sites will showcase relevant products.

Currently I am successfully able to use subsites module to achieve this with the e-commerce module. However there are two key problems I'd like some feedback on:

1.) How can I force all of the final checkout/payment to a single domain (https://www.sports.tld). This will help because I won't need to purchase and manage 5 ssl certificates.

2.) Is it possible to share the products between the websites? This way, If I have for example, a product 'Water bottle', and I need to update the picture and price - I won't need to update the image in 5 different places.

Any advice appreciated!

Futureweb

Community Member, 233 Posts

15 June 2011 at 12:42pm

hi, would be interested to see how you got on with these questions...

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 213 Posts

6 November 2011 at 11:57pm

Hi

I cant really give you any useful answers, but let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Nicolaas