Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

ecommerce module HELP - change country problem

Go to End

3 Posts   2375 Views

Aaron Brockhurst

Community Member, 30 Posts

22 May 2009 at 9:11pm

Hi All

I've downloaded a copy of the ecommerce module and have found a bug with the change country button on the checkout. I've looked through the forum and can see that there are several posts about the problem but cant find a resolution. I can see that some people have got this to work, for instance here http://clean-water-thailand.com/checkout/ and on the demo site it's a drop down and on this site http://www.grounded.org.nz they've got it to work

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the fix?

Many many thanks

Aaron

Kalileo

Community Member, 127 Posts

27 May 2009 at 5:24pm

Edited: 27/05/2009 5:26pm

Aaron,

the site about wastewater treatment systems in thailand which you mentioned is not using cakephp's standard translatable feature. You might have seen that translatable is broken in SS 2.3.1 (which that site is using). That site is using the alternative multilingual method (discussed also here) which works fine with 2.3.1.

The ecommerce version used is NOT the stable module, but it was from trunk, also the payment module, and required some corrections.

it is a little difficult to help you because you are not saying clear enough what you do.
- Which SS version?
- Which ecommerce version?
- Which method for multilingual content?

The code used in that site is not using the language switcher widget or so, but a simple piece of code I wrote. If you need it I can post it. But it will not help you if you're not using the alternative multilingual method.

Keep in mind that with SS 2.3.2 translatable is fixed and better than before, so you do not need the alternative multilingual method any more if you use 2.3.2, which is available as beta or rc already. I recommend to use that, as it is the official SS way to do multilingual and works again. Dunno however if ecommerce is working with 2.3.2 already, I assume you would need the latest ecommerce and payment code from trunk.

HTH,
Kalileo

Aaron Brockhurst

Community Member, 30 Posts

27 May 2009 at 7:45pm

Hi Kalileo

Thanks for the information, it's a great help. I just got it working late last night.

I'm using ss 2.3.1 with ecommerce v0.5.2. Both being the latest stable downloads off the site, although I not the latest from the trunk svn's.

For anyone else reading this I had to download the latest ecommerce version from trunk and pyment module from trunk and delete all previous ecommerce code and configuration changes that you make in the mysite/_config.php file. It then worked with 2.3.1. I've not tested with 2.3.2.

Thanks again
Aaron