Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Form Questions /

Requiredfields not working

7 Posts   1707 Views

Peter_SS

Community Member, 19 Posts

21 September 2010 at 7:11pm

Hi guys we updated our site to SS version 2.4 but the requiredfields on our forms are not working anymore. do you encounter this issue?

here's our requiredfiield code.

$validators = new RequiredFields( 'ID', 'Name', 'Name2', 'Email' );
$validators->setJavascriptValidationHandler( 'none' );

i also change the parameters for the requiredfields since in the constructor it requires array type and it's still not working
$validators = new RequiredFields( array('ID', 'Name', 'Name2', 'Email'));
$validators->setJavascriptValidationHandler( 'none' );

Gene

Community Member, 41 Posts

30 September 2010 at 5:36pm

I'm having the same issue on 2.4.

The validator seems to have no effect. EmailFields always seem to be required (even without the validator) and I can't make my TextFields required.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1798 Posts

1 October 2010 at 2:12am

I've not noticed this, which version did you come from and could you share a little more of the code... is this DOM (should be in the DOM section), ModelAdmin, Custom Form, etc?

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

18 October 2010 at 8:11am

I've just tried this on branches/2.4, works as expected - with EmailField, and both argument/array constructor of RequiredFields.

Gene

10 November 2010 at 9:00am

I'm finding that the javascript validation works fine but if you turn off javascript or disable the javascript validator, the server side php validation is not being run (at least on frontend forms; I haven't tried in the CMS).

Gene

19 January 2011 at 6:23pm

In case anybody else is having issues, the RequiredFields on my form were Checkboxes. There is a SS bug in which checkboxfields don't validate properly... http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/6231

lx

Community Member, 83 Posts

20 March 2011 at 9:39pm

Take a look at this: http://silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/16073

I am not 100% sure , if this will work:

$rule_MyCheckbox_Required = new NetefxValidatorRule("MyCheckbox", "REQUIRED", "", "You have to confirm this checkbox.");

If it is not working either, you can use:

$rule_MyCheckbox_Selected = new NetefxValidatorRule ("MyCheckbox", "TEXTIS", array("1"), "You have to confirm this checkbox.");

Note: What is also possible is the validation of a checkboxfieldset.
There is a build in function that lets you define the minimum number/maximum number of checkboxes that have to be checked.
(this rule is not explicitly described in the documentation. i will add example code for this next week).