Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Form Questions /

Figuring out where to put this code?

5 Posts   678 Views

Denny

Community Member, 55 Posts

2 December 2010 at 11:33am

A few months ago I tried to figure out how to delete a member from my site. I am using the member profile module. There was someone whom gave me specific instructions on how to do this. I did manage to create the link to the page, but I don't know where to place this code. I was told to place it in my page controller, but how? Anyway, it's real simple, and I have posted the code given to me a few months ago on how to do this. I been busy constructing other visuals for my site, and I apologize for the delay of this problem.

Attached Files
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

2 December 2010 at 3:38pm

but I don't know where to place this code. I was told to place it in my page controller, but how?

* Open mysite/code/Page.php.
* Go down to the Page_Controller section and paste that code within the { } surrounding the Controller.
* Additionally you may need to tell SS that function is allowed to be called. Again in the Page_Controller class (normally at the top of the class)

static $allowed_actions = array('deleteself')

Denny

3 December 2010 at 12:08am

I tried to figure out where to place this code, but I'm not sure? Anyway, I will send you a copy of this file, and maybe you can spot where to put this code. I am afraid of ruining my site.

Attached Files
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

3 December 2010 at 12:05pm

Try http://pastie.org/1343051

Denny

5 December 2010 at 9:11am

I did try the pastie.org, and I figured it out. Thank you for your help.