Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Form Questions /

[solved] Director::redirect( The actual page but with the current member locale )

2 Posts   1544 Views

VRoxane

Community Member, 42 Posts

18 March 2011 at 3:28am

Edited: 18/03/2011 3:29am

Hello !

On log in, I want the current page viewed to be "translated" (the user is redirected to the page in his own language/locale).
I already put this in the Page.php :

$member = Member::currentUser();
      if($member && $member->Locale) {
         //Translatable::set_locale($member->Locale);
         Translatable::set_current_locale($member->Locale);

and when I log in, the menus get translated, but not the content.

So, I got this code on the amazing SSbits site :
http://www.ssbits.com/snippets/2010/customize-the-redirect-after-a-successful-member-login/

And I'm trying to modify it so when I log in, the site refreshes to the same page (ex: /contact), but with my locale defined as the current locale (/contact?locale=en_GB) so I would be redirected to /contact-en-gb.

The last line is what I invented wrote myself :

/// In LoginLocale.php :
class LoginLocale extends MemberLoginForm {
public function dologin($data) {
parent::dologin($data);
if( Director::redirected_to() and Member::currentUserID() ) {
$this->controller->response->removeHeader('Location');
         $member = Member::currentUser();
         $member_locale = $member->Locale;
Director::redirect(Director::baseURL() . Director::get_current_page()->UrlSegment . "?locale=" . $member_locale);
}
}
}

/// And in _config :

Object::useCustomClass('MemberLoginForm', 'LoginLocale');

I manage to set the locale, but the Current Page Url doesn't show anything -> I get to the homepage.

Can somebody help me with the last line ?

VRoxane

Community Member, 42 Posts

18 March 2011 at 8:47pm

Here's the solution :

For the last line, you can use this (what I managed to write without really knowing what I was doin') :

$params = Director::urlparams();
Director::redirect(Director::baseURL() . $params['URLSegment'] . "?locale=" . $member_locale);

or this (it's shorter and very simple... that's the bit of code I was searching. Thanks to Zauberfisch on #silverstripe !) :

Director::redirect(Director::get_current_page()->Link() . "?locale=" . $member_locale);