Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Form Questions /

Setting defaults in CheckboxSetField

3 Posts   615 Views

jayslippy

Community Member, 10 Posts

10 January 2012 at 5:58am

I've got a form that's part of an 'Edit Profile' type page where the user makes a check box style selection from a list of Capabilities. I'm having problems figuring out what to pass as the last value in the constructor to set the defaults though. Obviously since it's an edit profile page I need the users current selections to show up when they load the page.

Code so far:

$capabilities = DataObject::get('Capability');
$capabilityField = new CheckboxSetField(
            'Name',
            'Capabilities: ',
            $capabilities,
            Array(
               $testcap->Name
            )
         );

I have tried lots of different formats for the last parameter, including an array of Capability names, an array that looks like 'engines' => '1', an array of integers. What is the correct format to pass for the default array so that I can control which of the checkboxes are ticked?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

jayslippy

14 January 2012 at 2:14am

I eventually gave up on this one, and used a series of optionsetfields instead. It was quite easy that way to set the values to '1' or '0'.

Now though, I'm running into the same problem with a DropdownField. I'm trying to set the selected value of the field when the form is loaded but everything I try to set as a default value (eg, '4', 4, $capabilityMap[4], $capabilityMap['4'], Capability objects, titles of capability objects) has zero effect.

Can somebody please point me in the direction of the correct syntax for the $value parameter to get this to work? There are quite a few web pages describing the use of DropdownField, but very few show the $value functionality in use.

$capabilities = DataObject::get('Capability');
      $capabilityMap = $capabilities->toDropDownMap('ID','Title');
      $capabilityField = new DropdownField(
         'capability',
         'Main capability requirement',
         $capabilityMap,
         '4'
      );

jayslippy

14 January 2012 at 2:48am

Resolved => code was working but was being overwritten by loading data into the form.