Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Need help with form

Go to End

5 Posts   2135 Views

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

18 November 2012 at 2:12am

I need to make Non profit company that helps jobseekers a webform where people can post their cv in form all other is simple with the form using userdefined forms but i dont know how to add fields for education because it needs more than one field sometimes so i wanted that the people can add extra field if needed to the education part. So that if they have studied more than one school they click add more button and then it adds new fields for one more school.

Someone have any idea how to do it

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

18 November 2012 at 2:55am

I'm not sure how to get the userforms to support the use of dynamically created fields. Thinking out loud - something like a special 'DynamicTextFieldSet' formfield that can display multiple textfields and write the values to DB as a cs list?

But suppose you define a couple of extra textfields in advance and then use javascript: hide all but one, add the 'more' button and show the extra fields one by one? How many education fields would one single subscriber need?

Martine

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

20 November 2012 at 6:31am

How to make DynamicTextFieldSet?

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

21 November 2012 at 12:28am

Wow... Probably extend EditableFormField or maybe EditableText(Area)Field... But it would probably be somewhat complex, not something I can write a recipe for just likeb that..

If I were you I would try the other option first, as it would probably be far easier...

Casie

Community Member, 1 Post

9 July 2016 at 1:54am

I am sorry for reviving this very dead thread..

Is there something like this available now? Have been looking all over to do this but nothing seems to work exactly (except probably the javascript way mentioned below)