Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Form Questions /

3.1 HTMLEditorField in front end form not sending data

Go to End

16 Posts   1521 Views

Vix

Community Member, 25 Posts

23 January 2014 at 7:40pm

I have a form on the front end of my site that contains some HTMLEditorFields. In order to get these to work I had to add the following to my template;

<link rel="stylesheet" href="framework/thirdparty/tinymce/themes/advanced/skins/default/ui.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="framework/thirdparty/tinymce/tiny_mce_gzip.php?m=1378998164&amp;js=1&amp;plugins=contextmenu,table,emotions,paste,spellchecker,media,fullscreen,inlinepopups&amp;themes=advanced&amp;languages=en&amp;diskcache=true&amp;src=false"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="framework/javascript/HtmlEditorField.js?m=1378998161"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">      
      tinyMCE.init({
      theme : "advanced",
      mode: "textareas",
      theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
      theme_advanced_buttons1 : "formatselect,|,bold,italic,underline,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,separator,outdent,indent,separator,undo,redo",
      theme_advanced_buttons2 : "",
      theme_advanced_buttons3 : "",
      height:"250px",
      width:"552px"
      });
   </script>

This has allowed the text editor to show up, but when the form is submitted the two textarea fields data does not get sent. If I remove the wysiwyg editor and have plain textareas the data is passed no problem.

Does anyone know if there is something else I need to include to make it function properly? Or if there is a better way to get a HTMLEditorField to work on a front end form?

Vix

24 January 2014 at 8:50pm

Am I doing something wrong in this forum? No one ever replies to anything I post.

thomas.paulson

Community Member, 82 Posts

25 January 2014 at 12:35am

Edited: 25/01/2014 12:35am

try

<?php
///
class FrontendHtmlEditorField extends HtmlEditorField {

public function __construct($name, $title = null, $value = '') {
parent::__construct($name, $title, $value);
self::include_js();
}

public static function include_js() {
parent::include_js();
Requirements::customScript("ssTinyMceConfig.editor_selector='frontendhtmleditor';tinyMCE.init(ssTinyMceConfig);");
}
}

and replace with below code in Form.
$contentfield = new FrontendHtmlEditorField('Content', _t("ContentEntry.CN",'Content'));

hope it works.

Vix

28 January 2014 at 8:12pm

Thank you for your response, unfortunately it has not worked.

The text editor still shows nicely, but the data does not pass on when submitted.

I have just made my submit function print out what is in the $data array and the FrontendHtmlEditorField still shows as being empty, but if I make it just a textarea field then it passes the data no problem.

thomas.paulson

28 January 2014 at 8:52pm

Do you mind sharing the url, you can email me.

Vix

29 January 2014 at 3:35pm

It is http://ozzy.perthwebdev.com.au/create-an-account/create-a-post and if you select the 'Investors page listing'.

I have left it with just displaying the $data array after it is submitted.

Thank you for your help.

thomas.paulson

29 January 2014 at 5:38pm

Hello Vix

It looks like the visibility of the htmleditor textarea is hidden.

visibility:hidden;

I have to look at the code, to see what is wrong. you can skype me thomas.paulson28

Stefdv

Community Member, 110 Posts

12 February 2014 at 9:50am

Hi there,

any progress on this? I searched everywhere but cannot find a post that fully describes how i can add a htmleditor field in the frontend...
I'm using SS3.1

As far as i understand the simpleHtmleditorfield from dataobjectmanager is no longer working in ss3 ?

Go to Top