Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Form Questions /

TreeDropdownField: unselect selected value

21 Posts   5760 Views

frabraha

Community Member, 49 Posts

10 March 2010 at 10:44pm

Edited: 10/03/2010 10:57pm

No, getting no error. It just won't store the value.

Never mind, looks like I don't need it anyway.

But thanks

MarijnKampf

Community Member, 164 Posts

10 March 2010 at 11:09pm

And TreeDrowndownField stores the value?

The OptionalTreeDrowndownField extends the TreeDropdownField so I don't know why one would work and the other one doesn't. The only difference between the two I can think of is that if you do not select a value it tries to store a null value, but that should only be an issue if you don't select a value.

frabraha

10 March 2010 at 11:48pm

no, both of them didn't store the value.
But when I use this code:

new TreeDropdownField("InternLinkID", "Velg hvor artikkelen skal linkes til", "SiteTree"

This stores the value.

MarijnKampf

11 March 2010 at 12:00am

Then it should also work for:

new OptionalTreeDropdownField("InternLinkID", "Velg hvor artikkelen skal linkes til", "SiteTree"

frabraha

11 March 2010 at 12:31am

yes, it should.
But I don't need that function after all.. :)

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

11 March 2010 at 5:48am

Been a long time since I posted this one :-) Thanks, Marijn

silverseba

Community Member, 26 Posts

17 June 2010 at 11:19pm

I´m trying to get the OptionalTreeDropDownField working under SS 2.4, as the code above doesn´t return any sitetree when using it under SS 2.4.

Obviuosly the method TreeDropdownField::gettree() has changed to TreeDropdownField::tree($request) in Version 2.4 (see doc: [url]http://api.silverstripe.org/2.4/forms/fields-relational/TreeDropdownField.html#methodtree[/url])

My first try was to just change the method name to tree() (without any param). But this results in an 'missing argument' error and doesn´t return anything.

So obviously you need to pass the parameter '$request' which is of the type 'SS_HTTPRequest'.

My problem: I don´t know how to generate a variable with the current SS_HTTPRequest.
Does anybody know how to correctly call the mehtod TreeDropdownField::tree($request), so that it returns the current Sitetree?

MarijnKampf

18 June 2010 at 2:59am

Edited: 18/06/2010 3:00am

Hi Silverseba,

I had noticed that it didn't work, but didn't see the urgency of fixing it yet, your post encouraged me to though :)

As the OptionalTreeDropdownField is an extension of TreeDropdownField we don't need to generate the SS_HTTPRequest $request variable. It is passed by the calling function to our function. Below the full updated code of the OptionalTreeDropdownField.

<?php
/**
* TreeDropdown-like field that gives you a tree of items including an empty field, using ajax.
* Author: Marijn Kampf www.exadium.com
* Date:             24 Nov 2009
* Version:          2.0
* Revision date:      17 June 2010
* Changes:          Updated to work with SilverStripe 2.4, tree function added.
*/
class OptionalTreeDropdownField extends TreeDropdownField {
   private static $postTree = '</ul>';

/**
    * Helper function to return the header (rather than defining same line twice).
    */
   function preTree() {
      return '<ul class="tree"><li id="" class="l"><a>' . _t('OptionalTreeDropdownField.NONE', "(None)", PR_MEDIUM, 'Non selected value of a dropdown') . '</a>';
   }

/**
    * Return the site tree
    * For version 2.3 and earlier
    */
   function gettree() {
      echo $this->preTree();
      parent::gettree();
      echo $this->postTree;
   }

/**
    * Get the whole tree of a part of the tree via an AJAX request with empty / none item prepended.
    * @param SS_HTTPRequest $request
    * @return string
    * for version 2.4 and later
    */
   function tree($request) {
      return $this->preTree() . parent::tree($request) . $this->postTree;
   }
}