Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Team registration contatining members

Go to End

2 Posts   2132 Views

srd

Community Member, 4 Posts

29 July 2009 at 5:22am

Hi,

I am designing a site for a competition hosting a set of events. I managed a create a user registration system by looking at the way it was implemented in forums. Now I want to add more to it. I want the users to able to be able to register to events and there should also be a feature to register as a team where the team leader registers the members of a team. I have decided to implement the events as groups so that whenever an individual (1 member) registers to an event he is added to that particular group. But I don't have an idea on how to implement team(2-4 members) registration. I need to create it in such a way that I can access all the teams of a particular event from CMS and also look at the teams to which a member is registered. There should also be a centralized place where all the teams can be seen. I would be overwhelmed if anyone could suggest on the way I can implement this event registration. It would be nice if anyone can give some references. I think the implementation will be closely related to the way groups are implemented.

Please reply soon as I need it urgently.

Thanks in Advance.

joshy

Community Member, 57 Posts

6 August 2009 at 12:06am