Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Forms with HTML Frameworks. More granular CSS needed

Go to End

tazzydemon

Community Member, 135 Posts

10 November 2014 at 4:27pm

Edited: 10/11/2014 4:41pm

I have been using Userforms along with the Foundation Forms extension by Ryan Wachtl.

It has become apparent that when (using Foundation 4 or 5 as an example) the way the Extra CSS class is effectively splatted all over the rendered form element makes them unusable for the framework layout code when one wants to do neat layouts. Indeed the inability to neatly nest FieldGroups in Userforms also restricts design in the Userforms module (That's another story for which I have a solution)

I would like to see a further class in the form elements, say "frameworkclass". This modification works instantly in Userforms but I guess would be better applied to the framework forms. The good bit is that modification would not necessarily make any difference unless one was using ones own form templates with the correct code.

I'm loathe to do this though if and when each time I pull new code it will be lost and I don't want to branch if there is no hope of it being merged. What do the powers that be think?