Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Form Questions /

Problem with internal labels displaying in Userform 0.2

4 Posts   1709 Views

rceee

Community Member, 18 Posts

25 August 2009 at 9:38am

Edited: 25/08/2009 9:39am

I've installed the latest UserForm with SS 2.3.3.

Everything works great, including email and submissions.

However, SS is outputting the following for every form field:

<h2 class=" FormHeading" id="Form_Form_EditableFormHeading8" name="EditableFormHeading8">Your Email Address</h2>

<div id="EditableEmailField7" class="field email requiredField"><label class="left" for="Form_Form_EditableEmailField7">EditableEmailField7</label><div class="middleColumn"><input type="text" class="text requiredField" id="Form_Form_EditableEmailField7" name="EditableEmailField7" value="" /></div></div>

The problem is in that second bit... there's a label above each field like "EditableEmailField7"... I don't need this nor do I see a way to edit it in the Form editor. How can I remove this? Is there simply a template?

rceee

25 August 2009 at 10:03am

Well... this might be the fix.

In /sapphire/forms/FormField.php, within the function FieldHolder(), I commented out the following line:

/*   $titleBlock = (!empty($Title)) ? "<label class=\"left\" for=\"{$this->id()}\">$Title</label>" : ""; */

Nobody else seems to have had this problem, though. I wonder why my install was screwy in this regard? Anyway, this got rid of the unnecessary labels.

rceee

26 August 2009 at 6:45am

Nope, that won't work. It kills all of the labels in the CMS as well. Why are these rendering out in the form's html?? How can I remove these junk labels?

rceee

26 August 2009 at 6:49am

Here's a screenshot. Hideous, no?

Attached Files