Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Do I have a bug or is this a feature - Solved

3 Posts   837 Views

davidm2010

12 January 2010 at 10:53am (Last edited: 28 January 2010 2:13am), Community Member, 107 Posts

OK, I have two forum holders. One holder has 4 category pages the other only one. Why are all the categories showing up in both forum holders when I have set their individual category?

Just so I am clear. Forum holder A- 4 subpages with sub page assigned a own category. Forum holder b with one page and one assigned category. A and B show all categories sections.

Is this a bad build, the way it works? Thanks for your time.

Dave

Willr

12 January 2010 at 4:13pm Forum Moderator, 5511 Posts

There was a bug in an earlier version of the forum which meant it was impossible to have 2 forum holders (and have it separate). This should have been fixed and if you download the latest build it *should* work. By work I mean the forum categories should stay true to the holders they are assigned to. You might need to assign a holder to a category in the category edit popup.

If you're using the latest forum and you still have the bug then make a ticket on open.silverstripe.org.

davidm2010

13 January 2010 at 12:39am (Last edited: 28 January 2010 2:11am), Community Member, 107 Posts

Thanks Willr.