Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Some entitys stay in English even if i have it in translation file after change locale set

Go to End

3 Posts   1365 Views

Tau

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 April 2010 at 8:57am

Hello,
I have problem with translating the Forum module into Czech language. I used the translate.silverstripe.org to translate allmost all entities. I download the file with translation and copy it into lang folder of Forum module in my Silverstripe instalation. In my mysite/_config.php I add this

Translatable::enable(); 
Object::add_extension('SiteTree', 'Translatable');
i18n::set_locale('cs_CZ')

After this I refresh my site, some entities is now translated, but some are still in english even if they are in the translation file. I try this with some other translations, but same entities still stay in english.
Doing I something wrong?

Please Can anyone help me with this?

Many thanks.
Sinceserly,
Marek Fronc.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 April 2010 at 10:41pm

The forum does have some untranslated strings (quite a few which have been fixed in trunk) so there may be segments that cannot be translated. Any strings in particular you're having trouble with?

Tau

Community Member, 2 Posts

14 April 2010 at 7:57am

For Example in ForumFooter.ss template there is

<% _t('CURRENTLYON','Currently Online:') %>

in my translation file is entity CURRENTLYON translated as you can see below
$lang['cs_CZ']['ForumFooter.ss']['CURRENTLYON'] = 'Právě připojeni:';

but still on website I see string "Currently Online:"

But more weird is in ForumHeader.ss if it is used in ForumHolder page only Posts is translated but if I go into some thread wihich I think is used Forum.ss template Posts and Topics are translated, but not the members

<p class="forumStats">$TotalPosts <strong><% _t('POSTS','Posts') %></strong> <% _t('IN','in') %> $TotalTopics <strong><% _t('TOPICS','Topics') %></strong> <% _t('BY','by') %> $TotalAuthors <strong><% _t('MEMBERS','members') %></strong></p>

I look to the code of translation file and not realy understand why some entities have the .ss on the end and some are only with name of template. Is there some rule about this?

Thanks for replies.

Marek.