Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

ForumMemberProfile/register doesn't load if called from outside Forum

6 Posts   1145 Views

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

11 June 2010 at 3:45pm

Running SS 2.4 and Forum Trunk.
OK I have the forum as a page under a page that is restricted to a user group.
Once login in you have no problem of accessing the forum. If you do not login, then I have supplied a link to ForumMemberProfile/register it did allow access to the register for form for the forum (on my local dev machine), however now it does not (svn updates have been applied).. I actually only get a blank page.

What I would like to know is if I should be able to load the forum registration page from out side the forum if the forum is within a restricted page?
If not, how would one recommend dealing with this? I need people to register (be approved) then shave access to the forum?

DsX

17 June 2010 at 2:22pm

Edited: 17/06/2010 2:23pm

anyone have insight .. I have updated to the latest trunk and I get this:

[Notice] Trying to get property of non-object
GET /ForumMemberProfile/register

Line 79 in C:\vhost\Websitename\httpdocs\forum\code\ForumMemberProfile.php
Source

72    /**
73     * Show the registration form
74     */
75    function register() {
76       return array(
77          "Title" => _t('ForumMemberProfile.FORUMREGTITLE','Forum Registration'),
78           "Subtitle" => _t('ForumMemberProfile.REGISTER','Register'),
79          "Abstract" => $this->getForumHolder()->ProfileAbstract,
80       );
81    }
84    /**
85     * Factory method for the registration form

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

17 June 2010 at 5:25pm

Well that sounds like $this->getForumHolder() is not returning a Forum Holder. Have you got at least 1 'ForumHolder' published on your site. And that user must be able to access (view) that holder.

DsX

27 June 2010 at 4:47am

right ok.. seems like there was a version that allowed it to work if the holder was not accessible (secured).. so I have added another hidden holder and that gets me to the registration form :)

I have also switched to the newly released version with support for 2.4 all seems well except that when I click 'click here to start a new topic.' the page loads with a blank line between the forum breadcrumb and the 'Currently Online:'
So I am unable to post anything to the forum?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

27 June 2010 at 11:29am

Are you using a custom forum theme?

DsX

27 June 2010 at 2:34pm

you are absolutely right, I had copied the forum theme and made a couple small changes... (mostly CSS) so I have simple removed the .ss files from my them and all is good with my css edits.
Its really a great system and very versatile.. but I still forget some obvious things here and there.. thanks for your help.