Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Removing Sidebar from ForumHolder?

4 Posts   811 Views

12OZmouse

Community Member, 2 Posts

18 September 2010 at 12:19pm

I want to remove the sidebar and a StaticSidebar that is displayed on the rest of the site from my Forum page. I want to get it so that it only shows the forum, site header, and footer on the Forum section only. I tried looking through the .php and templates for a solution to this and can't find much related to this problem anywhere else online.

The offending sidebars can be found at [URL]http://smartcarwheels.com/500madness/forums[/URL].

Any idea what I would have to do to pull them out? Any help or tips would be awesome right now since I am racking my brain on what to do.

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

19 September 2010 at 1:45pm

Well it depends on how you have structured your theme. Ideally you sidebar include will be in a Layout template. Then because the forum has its own Layout template it will override your default one therefore removing the sidebar.

12OZmouse

Community Member, 2 Posts

22 September 2010 at 9:32am

Edited: 22/09/2010 9:36am

Ahh, yes I see now, was my fault for not properly structuring it... Thanks for the tip!

stooni

Community Member, 89 Posts

10 October 2010 at 1:43am

i have the same problem,

if I copy a purely custom Page.ss in the template folder (without sidebar) and the site flush = 1 does not always

How i bring this sidebar off the forum!

Thank you for your help maybe I do not understand it correct?

---Stooni