Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

in trunk: the new ConfirmPassword field in the registration form messes up the layouts

Go to End

4 Posts   2271 Views

Kalileo

Community Member, 127 Posts

23 September 2010 at 5:09pm

Edited: 23/09/2010 5:13pm

Hi Will,

you recently tidied up the code in trunk to use the ConfirmPassword field. As a side effect of that my layouts had been messed up because now the registration form has nested class="middleColumn" divs.

It does not look to me as if that was intended?

<div id="Password" class="field confirmedpassword nolabel"><div class="middleColumn"><div id="Password[_Password]" class="field password "><label class="left" for="Password-_Password">Password</label><div class="middleColumn"><input class="text" type="password" id="Password-_Password" name="Password[_Password]" value="" /></div></div><div id="Password[_ConfirmPassword]" class="field password "><label class="left" for="Password-_ConfirmPassword">Confirm Password</label><div class="middleColumn"><input class="text" type="password" id="Password-_ConfirmPassword" name="Password[_ConfirmPassword]" value="" /></div></div></div></div>

I think the outer 2 divs are not needed and should be taken out. But where is that generated, where to patch?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 September 2010 at 8:36pm

Well I'm picking this is what the ConfirmPasswordField throws out so I would need to change that core field holder. It wouldn't be a patch for the forum (unless we go back to the duplicate password fields which was the reason we hit the security issue)

Kalileo

Community Member, 127 Posts

24 September 2010 at 10:45am

Yeah, that was what I feared you would say.

How about a switch in ConfirmPasswordField to set "noWrappingDiv" (if this wrapping div is really needed and uses somewhere, however i wouldn't be surprised if it is not needed anywhere and can be taken off completely).

For now the only option I see is to try to workaround it by throwing some more CSS rules at it. Or you change ConfirmPasswordField ;)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

24 September 2010 at 4:17pm

Well rather than breaking all the sites which use the confirmed password field styles perhaps it might be easier if you update your css :)