Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

change target blank to window.open

3 Posts   789 Views

Win-Track

Community Member, 4 Posts

24 October 2010 at 2:52pm

I'm a newbee and this is probably the last thing that should be my first post;-) So much to learn!

I am very impressed with SilverStripe so far. One thing that really impresses me is the amount of valid code!

One place in the forum module puts out invalid code and I think it would be a trivial fix if I knew where to change the code. Perhaps there is a good reason for using a target _blank but i was wondering if it could instead use "onclick=window.open(this.href); return false;"

Is that a simple fix? Could someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks,
Wade

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

24 October 2010 at 4:46pm

I had a look at the module the the only place I could find it is in the sign up form

Allow <a href='http://www.gravatar.com/' target='_blank'>Gravatars</a>

You can find that code (at least in trunk) in forum/code/ForumHolder.php line 80 and Forum.php line 223 but both of those locations are code for the backend. Where on the front end is it outputting the target code?

Win-Track

Community Member, 4 Posts

24 October 2010 at 5:19pm

Argg!!! SORRY, had my head in the forum module but it is actually in the content field of a page. Will repost.

Wade