Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Posting Issue in Internet Explorer

2 Posts   685 Views

The One Guy

28 October 2010 at 5:54am (Last edited: 28 October 2010 8:59am), Community Member, 4 Posts

When using the forum module on my site, everything seems to be working fine except for one thing: whenever I try to post something on the forum while using Internet Explorer (8), I get an "HTTP 400 Bad Request." I am not having this problem in either Firefox or Safari. What is the problem here, and how can I fix it?

EDIT: When I turn off friendly HTTP error messages, it says, "SecurityID doesn't match, possible CSRF attack."

EDIT #2: After some fiddling around, I discovered where the error is thrown, and why: in the "httpSubmission" function within the "sapphire\forms\Form.php" file, $vars ends up containing no SecurityID value (it's also lacking a ThreadID value and an ID value). I still don't know why this is happening, or what to do about it, though.

The One Guy

29 October 2010 at 4:04am Community Member, 4 Posts

Ok, so sorry to have bothered you all; it turned out the problem was with my own code and had nothing to do with SilverStripe itself. I have everything working now.