Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Posting Issue in Internet Explorer

2 Posts   739 Views

The One Guy

Community Member, 4 Posts

28 October 2010 at 5:54am

Edited: 28/10/2010 8:59am

When using the forum module on my site, everything seems to be working fine except for one thing: whenever I try to post something on the forum while using Internet Explorer (8), I get an "HTTP 400 Bad Request." I am not having this problem in either Firefox or Safari. What is the problem here, and how can I fix it?

EDIT: When I turn off friendly HTTP error messages, it says, "SecurityID doesn't match, possible CSRF attack."

EDIT #2: After some fiddling around, I discovered where the error is thrown, and why: in the "httpSubmission" function within the "sapphire\forms\Form.php" file, $vars ends up containing no SecurityID value (it's also lacking a ThreadID value and an ID value). I still don't know why this is happening, or what to do about it, though.

The One Guy

Community Member, 4 Posts

29 October 2010 at 4:04am

Ok, so sorry to have bothered you all; it turned out the problem was with my own code and had nothing to do with SilverStripe itself. I have everything working now.